Prime Ministers Narendra Modi reshuffles the Cabinet 9 New Ministers
In the Third Cabinet reshuffle, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inducted nine new Ministers of state into the Union Council of Ministers. Besides this, Four Ministers of state (MoS) were elevated to the cabinet rank. A total 13 changes has been made in the cabinet reshuffle. President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath of office to all of them at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Ministers in Cabinet Rank
- Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of State for Commerce and Industries. Now she is Defence Minister.
- Piyush Goyal, Minister of State For Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines. Now He is Railway Minister.
- Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas. Now He is Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Minister of State (MoS) for Parliamentary Affairs and MoS (Independent Charge) of Minority Affairs. Now he is a cabinet Minister.
Nine New Ministers
- Former IAS officer Alphons Kannanthanam
- Former IFS officer Hardeep Puri
- Former Mumbai Police chief Satyapal Singh
- Lok Sabha MP’s from Madhya Pradesh Virendra Kumar
- From Rajasthan Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
- Rajya Sabha MP from Uttar Pradesh Shiv Pratap Shukla
- From Bihar Ashwini Kumar Choubey
- From Bihar Raj Kumar Singh
- From Karnataka Anant Kumar Hegde